Islamic Fasting: Diet, Charity & Sexual Morality
Compiled by: Engineer Afsaneh Cooper
1. Fasting Video
2. Malcolm Turnball holds first Iftar dinner for Ramadan as a Prime Minister
3. Prince Harry is interested in Fasting and Iftar dinner with Singaporean young Muslims.
Welcome Prince Harry to Allah's religion of Shi'a Islam - Video
4. Justin Trudeau Prime Minister of Canada speaks in English and France to greet Muslims for the month of Ramazan.
5. Ramadan 2015: Fasting Banned In China for Muslim Government Employees, Students & Teachers
6. Sawm: to Fast during the Month of Ramadan – Page 110 of a Book
7. Spiritual Elevation by Abu Hamza Thumali Prayer in Ramadan | M.H. Lawati
8. Blessed Eid-ul-Fitr
9. Divine feast in the holy month of Ramadhan
10. 'Fast Diet' Creator Discusses Controversial Methods on 'GMA': Dr. Michael Mosley Interview
11. Fast Diet Interview with Dr Michael Mosley (short version)
12. Bestselling Book Spurs New Diet Phenomenon
13. 18 Reasons why a Muslim Fasts?
14. 40 Hadiths in Ramadhan
15. The gift of Rajab
16. What is the purpose of fasting in Ramadan?
17. What are the benefits of fasting?
18. How should we balance fasting and working in the West?
20. Rules of attaining Spiritual Perfection
21. The Muslim’s life in Ramadhan
22. Obligatory Qadha Fast and Kaffarah
23. Turkish Muslims mark fasting month of Ramadan
24. Muslims begin observing fasting month of Ramadan
25. Kashmiris gear up for fasting month of Ramadan
26. Indonesians enjoying fasting benefits during Ramadan
27. Pakistanis start fasting in Ramadan with full religious fervor
28. The Ritual (Amal) of Rabi al-Awwal Month in Detail
30. The Islamic Sexual Morality
31. What is hadith: Al-ghadir?
32. Words of Wisdom by Imam Reza
33. Do fasting diets help you lose weight?
Message from the previous Prime Minister
I am pleased to provide this message on the occasion of Ramadan, marking the month in which the Quran was revealed to the Prophet Mohammed. Ramadan is a time for forgiveness, reflection and the renewal of faith. It is a time for charity, generosity and kindness towards others. The practices of Ramadan reflect a deep commitment, and I respect the devotion and discipline of all who fast for their faith. Ramadan is also a time for strengthening bonds between family and friends, as Iftar dinners are shared to break the fast each day. I take this opportunity to acknowledge the significant contribution of the Muslim – Australian community to our nation. We live in a country that has long been an exemplar of how people of different faiths and cultures can not only live harmoniously together but find unity in diversity. I send my best wishes to everyone observing the holy month of Ramadan.
The Hon Tony Abbott MP
Prime Minister of Australia
June 2015 19
34. FB: Australian Embassy in Iran
35. Mr Malcolm Turnball, PM of Australia Acknowledges the link between poor and Ramazan fasting month in Iran
Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull has issued a message on the occasion of the beginning of the holy month of Ramadan, which is as follows:
Our best wishes go to the many Muslims in Australia and around the world who are observing the Ramadan month of fasting.
Ramadan, the holiest month in the Islamic calendar, encourages Muslims to refocus their minds on faith and redirect their hearts to charity, so that they can understand the lives and experience of those who are less fortunate than they are.
Australia is the most successful multicultural society in the world. And the key to our success is mutual respect; for each other and for our democratic way of life under the rule of law.
From our family to yours,